Celebrate National Caesar Day!
The Brunch Caesar- I can’t think of a more Canadian way of raising a glass to our national drink then having it with brunch,my favorite meal! This version of our classic combines the unique smoky and spicy flavours in the caesar with the saltiness of the bacon, egg and cheese curds garnish.
This recipe features two ingredients from Epicure, a Canadian spice company. The Bloody Caesar Mix features alder smoked sea salt, chipotle chili, onion & celery seed. Rim the glass for the perfect complement to the classic Canadian cocktail with Caesar Rim Trimmer, can also be used for Bloody Marys, or tomato gazpacho.
The celebration of National Caesar Day happens on the Thursday before our May Long Weekend. That means National Caesar Day 2016 is Thursday, May 19. #nationalcaesarday
The Brunch Caesar
Servings 4 (8 ounces per serving)
- 32 ounces Clamato Original
- 5 ounces vodka
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 3 tsp Epicure Bloody Caesar Mix
- Epicure Caesar Rim Trimmer
- 4 lime wedges
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- small package white cheese curds
- 4 pickled asparagus spears
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 4 6-8 inch skewers
- Mix all four beverage ingredients into a jug stir and chill
- Rim glasses with a lime wedge then dip into Epicure Caesar Rim Trimmer that has been poured onto a shallow dish. Set aside .
- Assemble garnish, first slice boiled eggs in half widthways, then take a skewer and slide one end of the bacon to the end of the skewer, next take a half of boiled egg and push it onto the skewer to the end where the bacon is. Slide the rest of the bacon onto the skewer and finish the skewer off with a few pieces of cheese curd.
- Assemble the Caesar , pour your mix into the rimmed glass over ice, add your lime wedge on the side of the rim, balance your garnish over the rim of the glass and add a pickled asparagus spear into the drink.
- Cheers to National Caesar Day and enjoy your Brunch Caesar!