For a quick weeknight meal, Easy Quiche is the perfect choice and a great solution for cleaning out the refrigerator. As long as you have 4 eggs and loosely follow the measurements you can swap out any meats, vegetables or cheese that you have on hand. This recipe gives you a hearty deep dish quiche that you can serve with a side salad for a satisfying meal or make ahead for packing into school lunches.
I like a broccoli and ham quiche, another family fave is bacon, feta and spinach combo. Want to get more vegetables on your plate? Try this tasty vegetarian combo of sauteed peppers, onions and zucchini with tomato, swiss cheese and marble cheddar.
Here are some suggestions to get you started but you can add anything that has been hanging in the fridge looking for a purpose or re-purpose.
- cooked bacon
- deli meat will also do in a pinch
- lightly steam the firmer veggies like onion, spinach, kale, pepper, zucchini, mushroom, broccoli
- toss in raw, grated carrot, tomato, sun dried tomato, fresh herbs
any cheese works well
- goat cheese
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell or home made dough rolled out and laid into deep dish pie plate
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chopped ham (or meat of your choice)
- 2 cups chopped Broccoli (or vegetables of your choice)
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese(or any combination of cheese you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon fine herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare pie crust if using home made, roll out to desired thickness and lay into a deep dish pie plate or have a frozen deep dish pie crust on hand.
- Decide on your vegetable combination and lightly steam or saute any firmer vegetables until they are tender but still firm.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and add in milk and flour, beating until smooth.
- Add in chopped ham/meat, chopped broccoli/ vegetables( cool any vegetables that you steamed before adding to egg mixture) and cheese, stir to combine.
- Stir in fine herbs and garlic powder as well as salt and pepper to taste, use less salt if using a cheese like parmesan or feta.
- Pour into deep dish pie shell and bake for 45- 55 minutes or until set and top is golden.
- Cool slightly, slice and serve.