Harvest Your Garden Vegetables
Harvest ham and hashbrown bake is the kind of dish that you can throw together in short order using ingredients you probably already have on hand. This recipe was born out the need to use up two baked potatoes, some leftover ham and cute little eight ball zucchini from the garden.
Hashbrowns Make A Great Base
I love the combination of shredded zucchini with the hashbrown potatoes making the casserole moist and flavourful. You could substitute a bag of frozen hashbrowns if you don’t have leftovers or not inclined to make your own. Use this recipe as a base and get creative, add in other veggies or change up the protein or cheese.
- 4 cups hash browns - fresh or frozen
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1.5 cups cubed ham
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon fine herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine hashbrowns, zucchini, ham, cheese,onion, spices, salt and pepper and stir until well combined
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and milk
- Pour evenly into hashbrown mixture and mix to combine
- Spread mixture into baking dish evenly.
- Top with ¼ cup cheese
- Baking at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cover dish with foil and continue cooking for about 15 minutes more or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make Ahead
- Mix casserole following instructions. Cover in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator over night. Remove 30 minutes before baking. Bake following instructions.
- For Freezing
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT eggs and milk and seal in a vac bag or ziploc bag.Label your bag with amount of milk and eggs to add after thawing and note the cooking instructions.
- Bake following instructions