Create a welcoming space for bees and we all benefit! There has been alot of talk in the news recently about bees and the challenges they are facing. They are an important part of our ecosystem for many reasons, but I think the one we enjoy most is the honey they produce.
I was given the opportunity to try out honibe honey gummies™ and wanted to know more about why using honey in this products would be beneficial. Here are just a few things I learned.
- A tablespoon of raw honey contains 64 calories, is fat-free, cholesterol-free, and sodium-free, and is composed of 80 percent carbohydrates, 18 percent water, and two percent vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.National Honey Board.
- “It takes about 60,000 bees, collectively traveling up to 55,000 miles and visiting more than 2 million flowers, to gather enough nectar to make one pound of honey.“Dr Mercola
- Immune booster – It’s antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve the digestive system to help you stay healthy and fight disease.
- Antibiotic and Anti fungal properties– Unprocessed honey has been shown in scientific studies to treat wounds and sores to speed healing and fight infection.
- Energy booster– A healthy, whole-food diet and proper sleep is the best recipe for boundless energy, but if you’re looking for a quick energy boost, such as before or after a workout, honey is a “time-released fuel” to provide energy .
- Cough and Sore Throat – Honey helps with coughs,a single dose of honey is just as effective as a single dose of dextromethorphan in relieving cough.
- Probiotic – Some varieties of honey possess large amounts of friendly bacteria. This includes up to 6 species of lactobacilli and 4 species of bifidobacteria.
Pretty impressive what bees are capable of producing to help us live healthier lives! Getting all these benefits packaged up neatly into a once a day vitamin makes it easier to take good care of ourselves. If you want to give them a try they are available online or you can enter the give away to win a year supply!