Cooking at home is a commitment to meal planning, shopping, prep and finally serving it up. I am always on the look out for tips and recipes that will keep us on track with our goal of a family meal that we all enjoy. Lick Your Plate is the newest cook book from the Bite Me More Sisters- Lisa Gnat and Julie Albert, who are committed to helping you make meal times less stressful, more flavourful and best of all easy to prepare. I was sent an advance copy of Lick Your Plate and couldn’t wait to start testing recipes with my family.
Lick Your Plate is thoughtfully put together with tips and information to help you get the best results. Witty tidbits are sprinkled throughout to bring a smile to your face because cooking should be fun, or……funny depending on your skill level. There are 10 chapters that will inspire you to whip up everything from appetizers to mains to breakfast and finish with dessert. Each recipe is accompanied by stellar food photography, because who doesn’t appreciate a picture of what you strive to have your food resemble – it’s good to have goals!
On my first run through a cook book I always dog ear the corner of the page for recipes I want to make ( yes, I am one of THOSE people). The Chewy S’mores Pudding Cookies got a dog ear and a book mark for the combo of marshmallows and graham crackers in a cookie form, I had to start with them. The recipe is laid out clearly to the left side of the page with instructions on the right taking you through step by step. Luckily I had all the ingredients at hand in my pantry and prep was quick and easy.
I was so happy with how they turned out and couldn’t wait to share them with my three taste testers when they got home from school. Lucky for you I got the OK to share the recipe here on the blog and I think once you make these you will want to try some of the other fantastic recipes in the book. Nothing beats flipping through a cook book while enjoying that morning coffee and planning your menu while dog earring a page or two.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 package (3.4oz) instant vanilla pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup coarsely broken graham crackers
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups chopped milk chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Using and electric mixer cream butter,brown sugar and white sugar on medium speed.Add vanilla pudding powder and continue to beat to combine.Add eggs one at a time, beating until mixture is is light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla extract. On low speed add the flour,baking soda, slat, graham crackers, mini marshmallows and chopped chocolate.Mix just until flour is disappears and mixture is incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- Drop by 1/4 cup scoop on a prepared baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before baking.
- To bake cookies preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit . Bake 14-15 minutes, until edges are golden. Cool cookies on a wire rack.