Celebrate Canada Day and Year of Pulses! To find out more about using these nutritional powerhouses and take the #PulsePledge and visit PulsePledge.com. I don’t often run contests on my blog so I am happy to share one with you that is homegrown to celebrate Canada Day! Good luck to you all and scroll down for two of my fave recipes that can be made with Pulses.
Canada Day is almost here!
What dish is a must-have at your Canada Day celebration? Tell us for a chance to win an iPad and other prizes!
- 1lb browned Ground Pork
- 1lb browned Ground Beef
- 1lb cooked and diced Bacon
- 2 cans Baked Beans
- 1.5 cups Chickpeas or 1 can
- 1.5 cups Kidney (Dark Red) Beans or 1 can
- 3/4 cups diced Onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 diced carrot
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1 tablespoons Mustard, Yellow
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown your meats and cook and dice bacon, drain fat and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hrs
- Alternately this dish can be made in the oven using a deep pan or dutch oven and cooking at 375 degrees for 1.5 - 2 hrs.