This Thanksgiving Side Dish Round Up has been inspired by our wonderful farm share families that get to experience the bounty of harvest time on the farm. I have collected some of my favorite Epicure recipes that use our wonderfully fresh and in season produce from F & M Farm.
Tangy Cranberry Salsa
I love when the fresh Cranberries make an appearance in grocery stores because it means I can make cranberry salsa. So festive looking with a surprise kick!
- 1 12 oz package fresh cranberries
2 Tablespoon Epicure 3 Onion Dip mix or two green onions minced
1/4 Cup cilantro, chopped
1 Teaspoon Epicure Poco Picante Salsa mix or 1 tsp cumin
1 1/4 C sugar
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 8 oz package of cream cheese (optional)
1. In a food processor, put in cranberries,cilantro, sugar, 3 Onion , Poco Picante Salsa and lime juice , pulse until coarsely blended.
2.Cover and store in the fridge for at least 2 hours so that the flavours blend together.
3. If serving as an appetizer, place your cream cheese on a plate and spread out gently leaving a well in the center.
4. Pour your cranberry mixture over the cream cheese.
5. Serve immediately with crackers or tortilla chips.
6. Or use as a fresh cranberry sauce for turkey or chicken
A great recipe to use with fresh or frozen spinach. If using fresh spinach, use 1 large bunch, stems removed and coarsely chopped.
Makes a great starter before your meal, perfect dish for potluck requests or use the mix to stuff portabello mushrooms grilled in the oven.
Wishing you a bountiful fall and Happy Thanksgiving, Selena, Maria and Fred – F & M Farm